Sunday, February 1, 2009

A wonderful walk in the afternoon

Its really difficult to walk outside for a long time while the temperature is below -5 degree Celsius. This afternoon the temperature was -4 and it was bright as well. So we decided to go for a walk. We went to the nearest lake here. Today I saw a frozen lake for the first time. Whole upper surface of the water turned into ice; I guess at least 6 inch thick. There was snow all over that icy surface.


We crossed the lake diagonally on foot. Crossing a big lake by walk - interesting right? I forgot to take my camera with me. Well, Its difficult to carry a big size camera in this cold weather. I took some pictures in my mobile cam but cant share those now as I need to download those to my laptop first. I need bluetooth for that. Unfortunately my laptop didn't come with bluetooth. So I might share the pictures some other time. We walked for almost an hour. I was a bit excited while walking on the frozen lake. At every moment I was thinking if it breaks now :P


Well finally, after 3 days, I managed to get the pictures I took on that afternoon. Here are few of them.






The lake from one side... Fully frozen.





My companions on that day... Shaikat vi and Taslim vi.





My footprint. I removed the snow to see the transparent ice underneath.





Here I am. I don't know why I opened my mouth right at that moment :D





Taking Ur own picture is not so easy :P





Another one. Shaikat vi and Taslim vi are way ahead of me.





While coming back we saw some people playing ice hockey in a field.




Programming solution

4 comments:

Razib said...

I agree with Rain.. We are expecting the photos. We are demanding photos. You can't escape from this.

Jonas Freij said...

Nice that you finally see what a real winter has to offer.
But a little warning, crossing a lake like that can be really dangerous and you should bring a pair of ice claws as well as your camera ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ice_Picks_20070128_001.jpg

Razib said...

Why the pictures are blueish? Darkness?

Thanks for the pic.

geteamon said...

Yea... may be its because of darkness.

Post a Comment