Friday, February 15, 2013

Flying kites

I watched a video yesterday. It's an interview of one of my favorite celebrities in Bangladeshi showbiz, Humayun Faridi. He passed away one year back. In the video, he has been talking about many things. The good thing about the interview is it was done very casually. They were eating, walking in a park and finally at the end Humayun Faridi was flying kite which reminds me of my childhood.

I used to fly kites in my childhood. Every afternoon I used to go to our rooftop just to compete with other kite flyers in our area. My elder brother was an expert about kite stuff. I learned a lot from him. He also helped me in several occasions to prepare the string properly. The process is called manja(মাঞ্জা) which makes the string strong and sharp to cut others :) There are so many interesting terms related to kite flying. I will provide the list later someday at the bottom of this post. Some of those are really funny :P

While watching the video clip yesterday I was thinking will I be able to fly kites ever again? I really enjoy it but will there be chance again to do it by my own? It made me sad knowing that may be that time will never come again in my life when I will fly kite and shout with joy while cutting others' :(

Here goes the interview:





Programming Solution

2 comments:

Shopno.tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohsin Khan said...

I did it in last year February. Padmar pare. Durdanto batas chilo. It was great fun.

Post a Comment