Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bought a car

Since I have enrolled into driving school I have been looking for a car from time to time. But I started looking for one heavily from 2 weeks before my driving test. Somehow I was biased about German car. So I was looking for mostly Opel and Volkswagen because other German cars, such as Audi, BMW or Mercedes, are totally out of my capability. Just few days before my driving test I found one Volkswagen Golf MK4 2002 station wagon model which seems quite good. Also not very far from my home, around 30 km. We have talked to the owner of the car over the phone with the help of one of my colleagues, Mika. From the conversation it sounded suitable for us. So we decided to see the car in person.

When we went to the place and had a look at the car it also looked pretty OK. Mika had a test drive for 15 minutes and he said that it was fine. We checked the service manual and looks like they have been doing servicing of the car in a scheduled manner. There were few spots on the car which the owner already mentioned over the phone. Well, it's more than a decade old car, it can't be without any spot :) We agreed on the price and made the deal.

It was Wednesday, 11 June, when we went to pick up the car. It was just 2 days after I have got my driving license. Now I had to drive it back home because Mika will drive his own car on the way back. I was a bit nervous but finally jumped into the driving seat and started the car, my first ever car :)

I drove the car to my home. Called Sharmin to come down. She was amazed to see that I was driving it back home. She thought may be Mika would drive it here. I was smiling and said that at least I didn't have any accident :P We, three of us - Sharmin, me and Ninad, had a small ride for few kilometers and came back to the parking place. Then some of my friends came to see the car. Everybody did congratulate me for getting my first car. I was also quite happy :) Well sooooooooooo happy :D

Here goes one picture of our car :)






Programming Solution

No comments:

Post a Comment